Friday, November 9, 2012

CVS Shopping and Saving

I have another blog that I used to keep track of all my amazing couponing trips and deals, but decided to just post on this blog now as only maybe 20% of the food we eat is processed or packaged.



What do I do when I am running a little low on toilet paper?
 (and by low I mean 6 rolls left... I have never run out before)

I start by looking up this week and next week's ad for CVS and see what I can get for cheap. I had $10 ECB (extra care bucks) from two weeks ago that I received from purchasing 4 packs of pampers for baby girl and was very happy with this purchase:


1- Cottonelle 18 big rolls $8.99 
1- John Frieda travel size conditioner $1.49
1- John Frieda shampoo $1.49
3- Hallmark Cards $2.00/each

25% off my total (non-sale items) purchase coupon -$2.25
Used $10 ECB

OOP: $6.08
SAVED: $16.55

PLUS I walked out with $2 ECB for purchasing Cottonelle, $3 ECB for purchasing 3 Hallmark Cards, AND $5 ECB for purchasing 2 John Frieda products!

Not bad :)


_______________________________________________________________________

How can you score a great deal without using coupons? 

Buy 2 travel size John Frieda products (prices vary) $1.49/each
Buy 3 Hallmark cards $2/each

Pay $8.98 before tax
Get back $8 Extra Care Bucks to use on a future purchase! 

John Frieda deal may not work everywhere and the Hallmark deal could be even better if your store includes the $0.99 cards in the deal!



No comments:

Post a Comment