Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another Day in the Kitchen

It's official... my husband said Pinterest is making him fat! 
I laughed and told him that Pinterest in not making him fat and neither are the recipes that I am finding and actually using on Pinterest, because instead of buying ice cream, cookies, etc I am now making delicious snacks/desserts for our family and know exactly what is going into them. 


This first recipe is certainly not helping my case against making my husband fat, but I found a healthier version I will be trying in the future and my husband can take some of these cookies to work so we don't eat them all.


Someone made these for church this morning and I had of course already pinned the recipe on Pinterest, but hadn't actually made them. Offcially made, eaten, and in a sugar coma. 




Really yummy, but kinda felt like we were asking for some kind of sugar coma... excited to try this recipe next time: Healthy No-Bake Cookies

I am especially excited about this Home Made Cheez Its recipe from cooking ala mel's blog. This recipe requires four ingredients: whole wheat flour, cheddar cheese, butter, and a tiny bit of salt. Love that I can make a delicious snack for my little girl (and my husband of course) that has only four ingredients and is relativley easy to make. 

What my Cheez Its look like right before heading into the oven:


Right after a quick 12 minute bake at 350:


Not as pretty or neat as an actual Cheez It, but the taste made up for it. 

At first my husband was hesitant and then I caught him eating quite a few before I told him to stop! Do you see the hole on the pan? 

The next time I make these I am going to try freezing them and see how they last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment