Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Banana Almond Cacao Muffins

I have recently started making my own almond milk (way easier than I had ever imagined) and love the fact that I know exactly what is going in my family's body as well as the fact that when I make fresh almond milk I get milk AND almond flour... good stuff huh?

With a few bananas browning on my counter and some freshly made almond flour I was ready to try out some recipes. I adapted a recipe from the one I saw Mamma and Baby Love's site.



1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas (if bigger bananas only 3)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups almond flour
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup cacao nibs
Next time I will add coconut!

Mix everything together well and make into cupcakes or loafs. Oven at 325 for about 30 min for cupcakes and about an hour for loafs.

A perfect snack for little girl when she woke up from her nap! 



No comments:

Post a Comment