Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have decided to try and do a weekly post where I proclaim what I am thankful for.

Why make a weekly list? For starters I love making lists. Yup, I do, but I don't always follow through with said lists so this is a great way for me to start becoming accountable to myself and the internet(s?).

Found a great article that further explains why I will be doing this:

"Doctors say giving thanks, taking the time to notice positive things in your life is not only good for your psyche but it's good for your body. University of California at Davis researchers found that practicing gratitude can lower your blood pressure and make you feel less hostile. Grateful people are less angry, less negative and usually look for the cup half full. Studies by Cornell University researchers have shown that those who are thankful appear to have lower risks of developing phobias, alcoholism, even depression. They even have stronger immune systems."
- from The Importance of Being Thankful


AND NOW.... MY list this week:

(Lillian just hanging out in a Trader Joe's reusable grocery bag.)

I am soooo thankful for Lillian! She is such an amazing little girl with a huge heart!




(Mikayla loving life!)

Speaking of little girls that I am thankful for: Miss Mikayla! I really really really wanted a boy after having Lillian. Well, God knew what I needed more than I did :) She is such a great addition to our family.




(Water flavored with lemon and blueberries.)

The decision to cut out almost all processed foods and sugar. It hasn't been the easiest decision and I may make a post on all the reasons I am doing this for our family, but for now I am just plain thankful I have the time and money to feed my family the way I feel is best. 




(Inside the John Fitzgerald Kennedy National Historic Site Museum in Brookline, MA.)

I am thankful for the opportunity to live in a historic city and be able to learn about history almost everywhere we look. After having brunch with some awesome friends we took a walk and one of our friends asked if we wanted to see the birthplace of JFK... hmmm OK! 




(Lillian finding a patch of dirt at the playground to play with her shovel and bucket.)

I am so thankful for Fall. Those of you who know me might be wondering if I am telling the truth since I have actually said I don't like Fall since it means it is going to be cold soon. That is true, I don't like it, BUT I am thankful for it. Why? Well, because Fall is a reminder that time is continuing and seasons are changing. I am thankful to be alive!





“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones” Proverbs 17:22 (KJV)

1 comment: