Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricanes and Homemade Food

(Little girls watching the storm)


It's raining outside. And really windy. Yup, I am writing this in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy reaching us sometime tonight. We are as prepared as we can be in an apartment and are very thankful we still have power as a lot of people in MA are going without right now. 

Yesterday, I decided to try and make some food for the week (totally praying and hoping that our power wouldn't go out so all the food I prepared and froze would keep). 

I made ketchup, mayo, chicken nuggets, an asparagus quinoa dish, an organic chicken slow cooked in my crock pot, and finally chicken stock from the organic chicken "parts". 


~Lacto-Fermented Ketchup from the Healthy Home Economist

~REAL Mayo from the Healthy Home Economist (although next time I make it I will not be using olive oil as the flavor was too strong)

~Grain-Free Chicken Nuggets from HolisticKid (these turned out amazing and I was able to use my homemade almond flour!)

~Asparagus Quinoa Dish (I just made up from a recipe I saw and now don't remember where I saw it): Asparagus, quinoa, sesame seeds, chicken, and soy sauce


Also, today I decided to bake in case our power went out I wanted to ensure my expensive free-range eggs were put to good use so I made:

~ Grain Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (minus the poppy seeds since I didn't have any and they still came out really good) from the Healthy Home Economist



About ready to go to bed in the same room as my little girls (for my peace-of-mind not for them haha) and see what tomorrow brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment